Sunday, February 10, 2013

C4T #1

Post written on January 25, 2013

I read Edna Sackson's blog What Ed Said on January 25, 2013. This post is all about beginnings and how she interacts with her students. The main thought is how she interacts with her students on the first day of class. Her post is divided into three categories: I used to think, now I think, and 10 ways to create a learning culture. Under the header I used to think, she lists how she used to introduce the class. Some examples of how she used to think are explain your expectations, establish rules, know everyone's name, tell them what they will be learning, and show a firm hand. Under the header now I think she lists what she does now on day 1 in the classroom. Opposing the previous list, she now thinks ask about their expectations, create an essential agreement, know everyone's story, demonstrate that you value thinking, talk about learning, make sure you listen, and laugh. Under the header to create a learning culture, she applies that list to working with teachers and making a more professional environment.

My Comment

I commented that I agree with the thought process in list two. I said that I believe in getting involved with your students and getting to know them individually. This list also helps to know what the students need help with the most. This list also great for working with fellow teachers. It allows teachers to come up with great lesson plans for everyone and creates a great learning environment. I also said that I plan to use this list in my future classroom.

Post written on February 6, 2013

This post is about digital citizenship and what it means and how it effects her students. Some of the questions that students will be addressing are How do we analyse and evaluate digital content, What are our responsibilities when creating digital content, How can we communicate our ideas creatively and effectively online, and What can we learn by connecting and collaborating with others in the world. Through these questions, Sackson hopes that her students that people are consumers and creators in a digital world,we need to think critically about digital content, everyone needs to be responsible for digital content they create, the internet enables us to connect,communicate and collaborate with people all over the world. She plans to accomplish this through the tools of Skype, blogs, Twitter, Voicethread, email and other types of media.

My Comment

I comment again that this post is very relevant to me. I am in Educational Media 310 or EDM 310 and we are learning to be digital citizens through blogging and podcasting. So far I have learned many valuable skills and how to be aware of what I put on the internet. As a future teacher I plan to use these methods in my own classroom.

1 comment:

  1. A great blog, it has a lot of useful information to me
    Village Talkies a top-quality professional corporate video production company in Bangalore and also best explainer video company in Bangalore & animation video makers in Bangalore, Chennai, India & Maryland, Baltimore, USA provides Corporate & Brand films, Promotional, Marketing videos & Training videos, Product demo videos, Employee videos, Product video explainers, eLearning videos, 2d Animation, 3d Animation, Motion Graphics, Whiteboard Explainer videos Client Testimonial Videos, Video Presentation and more for all start-ups, industries, and corporate companies. From scripting to corporate video production services, explainer & 3d, 2d animation video production , our solutions are customized to your budget, timeline, and to meet the company goals and objectives.
    As a best video production company in Bangalore, we produce quality and creative videos to our clients.

    ReplyDelete