Saturday, March 2, 2013

C4KSummary for month February

C4K #1 Deborah Booh's post

picture of edgar allan poe
Deborah is a 10th grader at Foley High School. This blog is for her English class. She had a newsletter about Edgar Allan Poe. In the newsletter she gave a brief history of his life and two summaries works he has created. In her narrative of his life, she stated that he was born January 19, 1908 and died October 7, 1849. He never really knew his parents because they were actors. His best seller is The Raven. She summarized The Masquer of the Red Death. This story is about "about the people getting sick and dying off because of the red death." The Red Death causes the victims to be dizzy and blood seeps out of your pores.

My Comment

I told Deborah that her post was very informative and that I didn't know much about Edgar Allan Poe. I thought the only thing he wrote were poems. I asked her if she knew where the Red Death story took place. I also commented that I enjoyed reading her post and to keep up the good work.

C4K #2 Justin A's post
picute of a motor

Justin is a second grader in Ontario, Canada. His post was moters are the thing that maks your car run. This is a really short post and is hard to comment on. His post really made me think because it was so short.

My Comment

Due to the fact that the post was really short it was hard to come up with a comment but I think I managed. I always love a challenge. I commented that his post really made me think about motors and all the things we use them for and realized that we do a lot with motors. I told him that motors weren't just for cars but also for sewing machines and boats. I also told him what they can run off of like gas, corn, and batteries. I also asked him a question. what would we do without motors?

C4K #3 Talia'uli's Post

Talis'uli's blog is very basic in the way that there isn't much information. In his about me, he states that he is a 5th year student at Pt England School in Auckland, NZ and his favorite food is KFC. His second post is about what he did during the weekend. He went to mission bay and played with his friends. He also has a hand drawn picture of two people at the beach with the sun overhead.

My Comment

I told Talia'uli that I didn't know much about mission bay but I assumed that it was a beach and told him that I also go to the beach a lot to hang out with my friends. I also told him that I too love KFC. It is amazing that we have KFC in common. This shows that the world is connected through more than just the internet.

C4K #4 Mckenzie's Post

Picture of a cartoon softball player
In her post for her 10th grade English class she explains how she expresses herself. She shows her self-expression through her favorite sport softball. When she pitches the ball fast she is saying don't hit that ball, it is going into the catchers glove and when she hits the ball it's going to the fence and i'm going to get a home run.

My Comment

I told Mckenzie that self-expression is important for personal growth. I told her that I also express myself through my favorite sport which is tennis. I said that I value my independence and tennis allows me to express that. Tennis can be a one-on-one sport and there is no feeling like being on the court by yourself and returning every ball that your opponent sends your way. I also explained to her that there are many other ways that you can express yourself. For example writing is a great form of self expression. I explained that you don't have to write about you per-say, but through the language that you use. Language and how you use it is how you show who you are. Language is how we communicate and express ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment